Through IMPA SAVE, we regularly develop several streams of work areas to which shipping companies and maritime suppliers can contribute and commit. These projects and associated campaigns are developed to:
- Create awareness of one or more prevalent sustainability issues in the shipping industry;
- Research and indentify available, environmentally-sound and often cost-effective solutions and alternatives to the problem, and where applicable, including them in our Solutions' Directory;
- Raise awareness within the industry about the importance of adopting one of the available solutions;
- Push key actors in the maritime supply chain to change the status quo through official commitment;
- Ensure consistent and thorough accountability in order to see progress.